We are acting above and beyond the guidelines given to us by the Australian Government Department of Health.
We are keeping our doors open as advised this morning (23.03.2020) by our Prime Minister to keep all allied health professional offices working, thereby reducing stress on the medical health system.
Here is what we are doing:
A. Our Staff's Requirements (includes EVERYONE working in the office):
- stay at home if they have symptoms of an upper respiratory tract infection.
- isolated for 14 days since onset of symptoms
- or, can return sooner if medically tested negative for COVID-19 virus.
- stay at home if a household member has COVID-19 virus for 14 days minimum.
- stay at home for 14 days from arrival of interstate/international travel.
- stay at home for 14 days from arrival of a household member who has travelled interstate/internationally.
B. Our Patient's Requirements (include EVERYONE coming in our doors)
C. Cleaning and Disinfection Principles
- We are strictly following guidelines by the Australian Government Department of Health.
- After every patient visit, all parts of the table that are touched by the patient will be sanitized.
- We will be leaving door open to minimize contamination of door handles
- Chiropractors will be sanitizing hands before every patient visit.
- sanitization products will be alcohol based as advised by Australian Government Department of Health, as this has anti-viral properties.
- prior to both morning and afternoon shifts, and periodically throughout the day, the following will be sanitized:
- door handles
- chair arm rests
- front desk counter top
- water dispenser
- anything else that is frequently touched
- alcohol based hand sanitizer will be made available for patient use.
- If we have been made aware after the fact of a patient who has come to our office while being positive for COVID-19 virus will hire a professional cleaning company to do a 'Terminal Clean' as described by the Australian Government Health Department document entitled: "Environmental cleaning and disinfection principles for COVID-19"
All Chairs have been spaced out appropriately
No Cash payment
No pens to sign hicaps or credit card receipts - we will write on the document "covid 19" in lieu.
no toys for children to play with
no magazines to read
D. Special Cases:
The Team at Burnside Chiropractic.